Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Finally! HERE'S What To Do With Those Leftover Wonton Noodles!


We eat a LOT of Chinese food in this house and every time, I'm left with many packages of wonton noodles. You know, those crispy fried noodles you dip in duck sauce. Okay, so they're probably not the healthiest food in the world, but being the frugal mom that I am, I have trouble throwing anything out. Yes, I've given the noodles to my kids instead of chips, but I FINALLY used my noodle to come up with a recipe to use those left over ones. I vaguely remember doing something like this in my Home Economics class eons ago, so this recipe is definitely based on that. 


Here are the noodles I'm talking about:




I believe these are called wonton noodles.  If you know them by another name, please email me so I can correct this post.




And the recipe is called: 


Candied Wonton Noodles


Ingredients:

A few packages of wonton noodles
One half package (6 ounces) of Wilton Candy Melts in whatever flavor you want
Pam or non-stick spray
An 8x8 or so pan
Any other goodies you want to add (see suggestions below)


Directions: 


1,  Spray your pan with non-stick spray.


2.  Melt the candy melts in the microwave (in a glass bowl and microwave them for a minute, stir them, and if they're not melted, microwave them for 30 seconds at a time, checking them after each interval).

3.  Mix the candy into the noodles, making sure the noodles are mostly covered by the candy.

4.  Spread the resulting mixture in the pan, add any toppings (optional), and freeze for about 5 minutes.

5.  Take the candy out and either pick at it with your fingers or cut it with a knife.


Here's what it looks like.




I could see adding nuts, caramel, marshmallows, or sprinkles (like I topped the mix with above). I think I'll add whole flax seeds for additional (or any) nutrition the next time I make it.


This is a great recipe for kids to help with since it doesn't involve baking. With many of us going out for Chinese food on Christmas (my husband tells me that's what a lot of Jewish people do), there are going to be lots of leftover wonton noodles. Don't throw them away! Use them to make this delicious candy! It combines crunch with sweetness and has been a big hit in my house.



Merry Christmas! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to email me at isithotinheremmm@gmail.com.