Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Are Organic Products Worth The Money? THESE Are!

Disclosure Statement:  This post wasn't supposed to be a promotional post. Yes, I was given a few products by a friend, but was not asked to blog about them specifically. That decision was my own. Similarly, all opinions here are mine and I do not feel in any way obligated to render favorable judgment on those products.


JJ's Wellness Products which she handed me today



I am not an “organic mom.” Kids who come over my house after school for snack get pretzels, chips, and probably a handful or two of grapes. “Where are all the organic foods?” a child may ask. “Back at YOUR house,” comes my cheerful reply. Still, if I can sooth a cough without over-the-counter drugs or take my make-up off with coconut oil, I will, more because those remedies are cost-efficient, rather than organic. 


My friend, JJ, IS an organic mom who goes out of her way to make sure her family is exposed to only the purest ingredients in all that she buys. The really cool thing about JJ however, is that she doesn't preach this stuff. She quietly lives it by example. Oh, she'll give you advice if you ask, but she isn't OBNOXIOUSLY organic. So when JJ quietly showed up at my car window during school pick-up today, handed me a bag containing a few products, and asked if I'd give her my opinion, not only did I say, “yes,” but I offered to blog about them for two reasons: 1) I was suffering from writer's block 2)  I like JJ and it would give her company some exposure. I only hoped, before I opened the products, that the exposure would be GOOD (oh yes, I have written quite a few honest, but unfavorable reviews, people, friendship notwithstanding!).



Calming Salve - clearly she knows my children



JJ's Wellness offers materials and seminars which, she says, enhance her client's health. The first product I tried was her Calming Salve; it's 100% non-toxic and boasts ingredients like beeswax, coconut oil, Vitamin E, and lavender/tangerine/orange oil. I dipped my finger in and spread some of the salve on my lips. The consistency is of thin wax, meaning you could kiss someone after putting this on and not be worried about leaving a big mess on the recipient's cheek. It smelled like tea and my nose picked up the hints of citrus. Part of me wanted to dissolve it in water since it smelled like herbal tea.  Because the salve is so airy, it goes on nicely over your lip stain. This product is something I WANT to put on, as opposed to other lip balms I HAVE to put on after my lips get chapped and bleed. JJ said her price point for a one ounce sample of this product is $6; I like that because again, with the lightness of this balm, a container will last at least a season or two.


One of JJ's Lotion Bars - Calming (ahhhhh...)



Product Number 2 is JJ's Handcrafted Lotion Bar. She gave me two samples of “Calming”, which are gluten and preservative free and made with, of course, only organic ingredients. The bars came on a lovely silver-looking tray and look more like white chocolate candy than lotion. The feel, as with the salve, is light. I rubbed a bar on my hand and, once more, a gentle tea-like fragrance wafted up my nose. Because the lotion is not greasy, it was easy to resume typing on my keyboard without making my computer slippery. JJ told me she designed these lotion bars for mothers who wanted to moisturize their babies without having to dip their fingers into jars of lotion or squeeze goo into their hands. Unlike other lotions which, after using them, have me frantically searching for the nearest piece of cloth to wipe my hands on, JJ's product makes moisturizing self-contained. I'm keeping one in my kitchen for use after washing dishes and on my bureau to use as part of my morning routine. 


JJ's price point for the lotions is $6 for the set which is good.  I can see one bar of the lotion lasting a month easily.  If you were to nab a pretty soap tray from the Dollar Store and combine it with her package of lotions, it would make a really nice teacher's or coach's gift for the holidays, as would the salve on it's own. These products would also be great, practical stocking stuffers.


For more information on JJ's products, visit jjswellness.com. I'm bookmarking her website because not only are her products great, but honestly, the site contains a lot of cool information from a woman who knows all about wellness but doesn't make you feel stupid or inadequate if you don't.



Again, for FTC Purposes,  Disclosure Statement:  This post wasn't supposed to be a promotional post. Yes, I was given a few products by a friend, but was not asked to blog about them specifically. That decision was my own. Similarly, all opinions here are mine and I do not feel in any way obligated to render favorable judgment on those products.



Thanks for reading!  Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to email me at isithotinheremmm@gmail.com.