Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My 5 Favorite Christmas Activity Sites For Kids

With the kids off for the Holidays, let's face it, they're going to get bored, which leads to squabbling, yelling, etc. Not exactly Peace On Earth. The boy has Minecraft and goes on Skype with his friends, but my daughter needs to be guided toward some fun, safe holiday websites on which to play. Here are a few of my favorites:


  • NorthPole.com (www.northpole.com) – This site is FULL of great activities for kids and parents alike. Invite your child to visit Santa's village, play games, read stories, send e-cards and more! My daughter especially likes the Disco Santa (Santa got MOVES).


  • PrimaryGames.com (www.primarygames.com/holidays/christmas/games.php) – Puzzles and games are on the menu here. Our favorite game is Imp's Pranks where the naughty Imp is pulling pranks before Christmas; direct his arm to throw snowballs to knock presents off the Christmas tree.




  • StoryNory.com (http://www.storynory.com/category/christmas-stories) – Kids can have stories read to them. If you child likes this site, you'll want to bookmark it since they have tons of non-Holiday stories here, too. You can also download the audio for when you're on the go.


  • Holidays.net (http://www.holidays.net) – Why limit yourself to just knowing about Christmas when you can learn about so many other holiday traditions here! I especially like their list of Fun & Wacky Holidays which includes Festivus, Day of the Wren (celebrated in Ireland), and Tick Tock Day (?).


And, of course, on Christmas Eve, it's always fun to track Santa on NoradSanta.org (www.noradsanta.org). By the way, you can call them (1/877-HI-NORAD) and often you'll be able to speak to a live military person who answers the phone (I found that out late one Christmas Eve after I'd had a glass of wine and I called them. Corporal Johnson was very kind and told me that I needed to get right to bed or Santa wouldn't come. I love the military!).





Merry Christmas and thank you for reading!

Please check back in for suggestions on what to do with unwanted gifts and, since the teen is throwing a New Year's Eve party, tips on how to, hopefully, throw a good one.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to email me at isithotinheremmm@gmail.com.