Saturday, August 23, 2014

Reusing Cardboard Car Air Fresheners


I love the smell of those cardboard Yankee Candle Air Fresheners that you hang in your car. I not only use them in the CRV, but in my small powder room and the porch. Unfortunately, they're a bit expensive and don't last as long as I'd like. Recently, during a caffeine-induced “eureka” moment, I realized that those air fresheners are made of cardboard and cardboard is absorbent. Hmmmm...

So I picked up a bottle of scented oil at the Dollar Store and poured a little on a dead YC air freshener. The oil was immediately absorbed into the cardboard and the scent was great. Okay, so it's not as lovely as a real Yankee Candle product, but for a fraction of the cost, it did the job!

Since my local Dollar Store has a nice variety of oils, I can change the scent with the season and not break the bank on getting my car, porch, and bathroom to smell nice. See if it works for YOU! 

~~

Thanks for reading!   Please follow me on Twitter:  http://twitter.com/IsItHotInHereMM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to email me at isithotinheremmm@gmail.com.